Tuesday, July 2, 2019

How I Became a Millionaire in 24hrs After Trusting God With My Last 200Naira - Omawumi

OMAWUMI
Omawumi Megbele (born 13 April 1982), known by her stage name Omawumi, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and actress of Itsekiri ethnicity, She is a brand ambassador for Globacom,Konga.com and Malta Guinness. She's also part of the campaign called "Rise with the Energy of Africa". She gained attention as the 2007 runner-up on West African Idols, a reality TV show part of the Idols franchise. Her second album, The Lasso of Truth, was reported to be a commercial success in Nigeria.
In a one-on-one interview on Written In the Stars, a TV show that is aired one Joy Prime every Thursday and repeat on Saturdays with Turas Turise.

Oma Wumi one of Nigeria's biggest female artist gave a vivid account of how her life transformed with her last 200 nairas to become a millionaire. This wasn't a miracle this wasn't magic, this wasn't any spiritual incantations by any spiritualist, this was not bloodshed, it was not fraud, it was not any massive business investment, it was just an offering to God and church on 31st December 2006.
According to Oma Wumi she had several expectations from God, she had expected that the boyfriend or the fiance' was going to propose marriage to her soon and expect to have something better to leave on, an expectation to just leave alive on a normalcy, but things became mighty on her way because of this one step of faith.

When I was in university I had plans and in my plans I was dating someone and I thought that at least he will propose to me, by then I was living with my elder brother and I was praying that God will at least provide a small place of accommodation for me at least a small car to do my rounds, and I was quite content with that. There were days that I'll be going without money, you know I will be broke because my salary then was just for upkeep and transportation.
When God wanted to change that conversation it was on the 31st of December 2006 as you know, end-of-year service for every church. And my brother wanted to go to church with me but I told him I wanted to visit a different church and though he didn't agree with me I still insisted to go to a different church, there was something in me that was telling me to go to a different church.
So I got ready and had only 200 Naira with me, during the day you can use 2oo Naira to take transportation to church and return, but it was late in the night, the service that entered into a new year, but it was late so you will not see buses that you can use 200 nairas for in and out so the only transportation at the time was drop.
So I decided to go with the 200-naira, take the dropping and believing that after church I would meet any good Samaritan who would bring me back home, maybe meet someone and request for a lift back to the house.
The dropping I took was actually going to the direction Where I wanted to fellowship at that night, so I took that dropping and in conversation I asked the name of the driver and he said his name is Christian so he took me to the church and he told me his church is closer so after church he will come and pick me, I asked him about the amount that I'm supposed to pay to him, and he told me I should keep it, when he comes back to pick me home then he will tell me my charge, it was so surprising so the 200-naira was still with me during the service. And I use this 200 Naira as offering that night and the preaching was taken from John 1:50, this is more than 10 years ago so you can imagine that I still remember everything. And the word was "You will see greater things than these", as at that time I went to audition and the last money I had in my account was 1125 naira, I became a millionaire in 24 hours. And that blessing was not just for me.

If you care to know about the secrets of this great musician, if you care to know about how she made it in life, you should have one thing in mind, it is not a bloodshed, it is not about cultism, not about incantations nor any dubious means to become a good and a popular musician as well as a rich celebrity in Africa or Nigeria in particular.
But it's about the God factor in your talent career.
She said that the Fame and the richest God has bestowed on her is not only for her to enjoy life, but rather feels the need that these blessings are supposed to cut across to various musicians who are up-and-coming and trying so hard to break through yet having challenges. She says God has blessed her to create platforms and provide helping hands for such persons to also rise to stardom, this was Omawumi's testimony.
OMAWUMI
CATCH THE REPEAT OF THE FULL INTERVIEW ON  JOY PRIME
THURSDAY 4th July 2019 
@ 10:30pm

No comments: